Sunday, August 29, 2010

Rylynn's 1st Birthday Celebration!

We had Rylynn's first birthday celebration today with the Quist family. We enjoyed cheesy turkey sandwiches, chips & dip, Italian pasta salad and fresh fruit. Afterwards we let Rylynn do the traditional first birthday thing and dig into her cake! It was such a special moment for all of us. I got extremely emotional, which I didn't expect, but I guess watching your children grow will bring out many things in you that you never expected. We are so blessed to have a beautiful, healthy little girl. We love her more than words can say, now and forever!

Rylynn's Birthday Cake! Yes, I made it myself. I know I have a lot of practicing before I master cake decorating, but I wanted her very first cake to come from the heart...or my own oven. This is my first double decker! She did get a hold of the "y" in "Birthday" before I got this picture!

Ryles all ready to dig in!

Mommy and Daddy trying to capture a quick shot with the Birthday Girl! At this age it's near to impossible to get a good picture of her looking at the camera. She wasn't diggin the bib. It came off as soon as this picture was taken.

Checking out that burning candle...

No comments:

Post a Comment