Sunday, October 20, 2013

Update

As you all know, we moved this past August! After tax season was over, Ken and I went on a Caribbean Cruise! We had a great time just the two of us. When we returned home our goal was to get our house ready to be put on the market. May and June consisted of lots of cleaning and de-cluttering. We rented a storage shed to help make our partial basement look bigger, and "de-cluttered" the house for showings. Clearly it worked! We put our house on the market on a Thursday, and by the following Sunday we had an offer! We had less than 30 days to get out!

What to do next? Well, we had a couple houses in mind so we did a few second showings, then a third and a fourth on the home we wanted. It all worked out! We found our new home! We were homeless for 13 days. It was an adventure! We spent a few days at the lake, a weekend with my family, a weekend with Ken's family, a week at our good friends place while they were on vacation, and finally a couple nights at our now "old" neighbors. We were so thankful everyone was willing to take us in.

We moved into our new home on August 13. Since then we are finally settled! I just finished unpacking my scrapbooking room this past Friday. What a great feeling that was! There's still a lot of things on our "to do" list, but they will all come with time. My main goal right now is finding a dinning room set. I had no idea furniture shopping could be so difficult! I guess I know what I'm looking for - I just have to find it.

I really miss updating my blog on a regular basis, and plan to get back to it soon! So please, stay tuned!

Our Old Home

Our New Home


No comments:

Post a Comment