Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Update

I apologize for the lack of posts in the last month. I have been super busy with work and life. It's tax season and birthday season for us! Both mine and Ken's busiest times at work. Thank God for Grandma & Papa! They have been so helpful taking Ryles in at the last minute. They are saints! Many of our close friends have birthdays this time of year too! Namely, Lisa, Me, Amber, Val & Kristi. We cover 1 birthday close to every week or so in a six week spread...give or take a few days. Of course we have to celebrate all of them at least once. Tons of fun!

Ryles is more amusing that ever! She is learning new words everyday. It amazes me the things she does and says. It's nice that she can communicate her wants and needs. When she's hungry she goes for the cupboards (snack cupboard first of course) and when she's thirsty she asks for her "milky" or juice.  She entertains herself so well it's comical just to watch her. Of course we enjoy lots of play time too. She is constantly running around the house. Upstairs, downstairs, and yes, she still has a facination with the toilet! We try to remember to close doors, but we do forget sometimes. Let me tell you, we have had many baths and floor scrubbing thanks to her.

Kenny has been a trooper too. Taking care of a few daycare drop offs and many pick-ups. He has also done a few loads of laundry! Maybe it's time he learns his way around the kitchen! :)

Him and Rylynn are really bonding this tax season. It warms my heart to see them together. However, I think her diet has consisted of lots of cheese, yogurt, pickles and chocolate milk! He has also taught her how to jump off the couch and bed. I sense broken bones in our future! Good thing she likes her milky! He does lay down pillows for a softer landing!

We have been fortunate to have my brother, his daughter, my sister, her boyfriend, my dad and his girlfriend all visit in the past month. We love company! Especially since we don't leave Willmar often this time of year. With the gas prices lately that isn't such a bad thing. Don't worry, Ryles and I still managed to drop a few bucks on a new summer wardrobe for her at Herbergers and Target this past Sunday. We found her Easter dress too! So cute! I can't wait for her to wear it. Now to find shoes to match. One of a girls biggest struggles! She sure is one stylish little lady!

As much as I love the busy work and tax season at the office, I'm looking forward to my Wednesdays at home with Ryles. Especially with this beautiful weather we're finally experiencing. (Knock on wood) We have lots of deep cleaning to do and lots of play time to make up for. We manage to get the basics done, but the closets are screaming my name.

Enjoy the new posts and I promise to try to update again soon. Hang in there with me. I haven't given up! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment