Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Our Very First Trip to Urgent Care

A couple weeks ago we took our very first trip to urgent care. By this time most children have been there when they are sick, but we have been blessed with an extremely healthy little lady. We thank God for that everyday.

Anyway, I was picking Ryles up from daycare a couple weeks ago and she came running around the corner yelling "MOM" as she often does when I walk in the room. She had her boots on already and tripped over the rug head first into the wall. My first thought was "Ooo...that's gonna hurt. That was a loud one." Jayme (daycare provider) picked her up and carried her across the room to me. As soon as she handed her to me I noticed a purple bump on her head. I asked if that had just happend as Ryles is always sporting a few bruises. Jayme told me yes, and we both watched the little purple spot grow within seconds right before our eyes. She called urgent care right away and got some ice for us. The nurse said we should probably come in since Ryles hit her head. So off to urgent care we went. By the time we arrived and checked in Ryles was busy waving at others in the waiting room and saying "hi" to everyone! I was greatful to see that her pediatrician was the doc oncall. He came in and checked her over to confirm that yes, she was perfectly fine. I had already figured that, but it was reasuring hearing it from him.

She has fallen and bumped her head more times than I can count, but this time actually scared me. I was fighting back tears on our drive to the clinic. I was happy we chose to go in even though I knew she was okay. It's always reasuring to hear it from a doctor. :) Surprisingly the bump had diminished a ton by the time we arrived home. The next morning you could barely tell she bumped her head. She did sport a yellow bruise for a while, but she looks like a brand new kid now. You would have never guessed she had a goose egg the size of a golf ball just days ago! She's such a trooper!

No comments:

Post a Comment