Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rylynn ~ 10 Months

Here we are in the double digits! I can't believe it! It doesn't seem like 10 months ago today I was in the hospital discovering each and every inch of my new baby girl. She is amazing! Everyday she gives us something new to smile about. She is busy as ever...getting into everything! The other night Kenny found two of her plastic Easter eggs in the toilet! And the fun begins!

Rylynn crawls everywhere! We have to keep and eye on her 24/7 or who knows what she'll be into next. She loves opening drawers and cupboards. We really need to get those safety latches installed. When I get ready in the morning if she's awake she usually enjoys pulling all of my hair products and makeup out of the cupboard. Then she pulls all my combs, brushes, etc out of the drawer. There is never a dull moment in our house when she's awake because she's always on the go! She is quite the cruiser these days too! Pulling herself up on anything possible and crusing right along.

We have moved onto "big people food"! Ryles loves to feed herself. I've learned if it's anything that can stain to just strip her down to her diaper. Much of her meals end up in her lap, on her face or on the floor. She's not a fan of mommy or daddy feeding her any sort of baby food. I still have a nice supply if anyone is in need! She is a very good eater...must get that from her daddy because he will eat anything! I hope she continues to be that way. I aim for lots of different fruits and veggies. So far her favorites include strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, peas and corn. Her other favorites include pasta, Cherrios, cheese and Goldfish! I let her try to feed herself yogurt the other morning. That was a sight! The first spoonful landed directly in her hair!

Rylynn is now sporting 4 teeth! You have to look close to see her two top ones, but they have poked through! Thank the Lord, she sure was a crabby girl a couple weeks ago! Teething is no fun for anyone. When her bottom ones came through it wasn't too bad, but she has four trying to come in now so it's been a rough couple weeks.

My little lady is still a peanut. She can still fit into some of her 6 month onezies and I'm sure she could fit into many of her 6 months clothes, but they are too short for her. Her little feet are tiny. I'm wondering if that's a sign she's inherited the Quist height! :) I bought her some cute little sandals for the summer, and I'm really hoping she'll fit into them before it's too cold to wear them!

We have so much fun with our baby girl. She is our life! We're looking forward to watching her continue to grow and learn. It still amazes me how much and how fast a child learns. It's a blessing to have such a healthy, happy little lady that brings so much joy to us.

Below are some pictures I took today. I was shocked that she actually laid on her blanket for a while. Once she was sitting though the best way for me to keep her on the blanket was to feed her Goldfish! (She truly is her father's daughter!)




No comments:

Post a Comment